Are you looking to broaden your horizons in the Customer Services functional area? If so, consider a detail (not to exceed two years) as Manager, Customer Services, EAS-21, at the Carol City Branch located at 18690 NW 37 Avenue in Miami Gardens, FL. Work hours will be 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with Saturday and Sunday as non-scheduled days. All qualified EAS career employees within the district area will be considered.
The successful candidate will manage the activities of a large detached mails unit operation, on three tours, in the receipt and distribution of mails normally in an area broader than that associated with a station or branch; provides window services and/or mail delivery and collection. Requirements include:
1. Knowledge of postal operations related to delivery and collection; caller service; and mail processing, including distribution, dispatch, and transportation.
2. Knowledge of the national agreements with clerks, carriers, and mail handlers, including provisions related to overtime, corrective action, and grievance resolution.
3. Knowledge of policies and procedures related to the investigation and handling of vehicle and industrial accidents.
4. Knowledge of route inspections, route adjustments, and the Delivery Service Information System (DSIS).
5. Knowledge of service standards and service objectives.
6. Ability to prepare and manage a budget, including controlling costs within budget allocations.
7. Ability to manage the work of people, including planning, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring, to meet organizational goals.
8. Ability to communicate orally and in writing in order to train and give guidance to employees, resolve grievances, investigate customer complaints, and give information and technical guidance to major mailers.
9. Ability to forecast mail volume and work force and equipment needs.
10. Ability to analyze data in order to evaluate performance and identify deficiencies.
Employees interested must submit their eCareer profile, along with a summary of accomplishments addressing the requirements stated on this posting. All applications must be sent via the mail to Postmaster, Opa-Locka, 550 Fisherman ST, Opa-Locka, FL 33054-9998. Applications must be received by COB, Friday, August 22.