Non-Scheduled Days: Saturday/Sunday Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manages the delivery and collection services, dispatch, mail distribution, window services, and the processing or sale of non-postal products activities of a very large carrier station.
2. Manages certain postal operations extending beyond the normal delivery area which may include Parcel Post delivery, collections, and distribution.
3. Manages a very large workforce; may have a medium-size to large supervisory staff composed of general and specific functional area supervisors.
4. Determines staffing requirements based on planned mail volume; plans tour work schedules; adjusts workforce schedules as necessary to meet variances in actual mail volumes.
5. Reviews and analyzes production reports and evaluates them against predetermined targets for work hour output; makes corrections in inefficient operations; resolves other operational and administrative programs.
6. Provides data for annual budget planning; controls operating costs within budget allocations or justifies over expenditures.
7. Approves employee overtime, leave, and vacation schedules; evaluates employee performance; reviews and approves personnel actions; ensures that needed training of supervisors and their subordinates is provided.
8. Ensures that building and equipment and vehicles (if assigned) are maintained, and makes recommendations for changes.
9. Observes the physical plant and operations for hazards to employee safety and takes necessary action to provide a safe working environment; reviews accident reports and investigates industrial or vehicle accidents.
10. Ensures that all necessary accounting and administrative functions are performed and that reports are prepared and submitted as required.
11. Conducts route inspections; evaluates and makes minor adjustments to delivery routes to conform to changes in volume, patronage, and building management.
12. Recommends changes in the establishment, discontinuance, and location of collection boxes.
13. Ensures adequate requisitioning of and remittances for a very large supply of accountable paper. May provide accountable paper distribution service for other stations.
14. Makes special arrangements for delivery and collection of mail through consultation with high volume customers and assists commercial mailers in order to eliminate inefficiencies and correct mailing problems.
15. Consults with representatives of employee organizations regarding labor/management problems not resolved by subordinate supervisors.
16. Recommends and implements changes to local postal policy and procedures.
17. Oversees the maintenance of security procedures for the station.
18. Represents the Post Office within the area served by the station regarding public inquiries, claims and complaints.
19. Consults with representatives of large businesses and governmental agencies regarding issues of mutual concern; consults with building managers regarding changes of mail receptacles, delivery patterns, or tenants; contacts lessor regarding building repairs.
20. Exercises a normal regard for the safety of self and others with particular emphasis on compliance with established policies and procedures.
1. Knowledge of management and budgeting techniques and principles.
2. Knowledge of postal operations in carrier stations including delivery and collection, retail sales and service, mail distribution and dispatch, and Post Office Box services.
3. Knowledge of provisions of the national agreement as they apply to delivery operations.
4. Ability to manage the work of others in order to meet production and quality goals, including planning and scheduling, monitoring performance, facilitating the flow of information, and providing technical guidance.
5. Ability to coach and train subordinate supervisors in customer services and delivery operations.
6. Ability to implement and/or oversee programs in compliance with established safety policies and security procedures.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with representatives of employee labor organizations.
8. Ability to communicate orally and in writing sufficient to investigate and resolve customer complaints, and to furnish information to community businesses and governmental agencies regarding postal services.
How to Apply:
Interested employees must submit their eCareer profile, along with a summary of accomplishments addressing the above eight requirements. All applications should be mailed to the below address for receipt by Close of Business (COB) Monday, December 11, 2017:
Officer In Charge, Pompano Beach
U.S. Postal Service
Pompano Beach Main Office
2351 W Atlantic Blvd
Pompano Beach, FL 33069-9998