Here are some tips:
- Whenever there’s a ball rolling in the street, there’s likely to be a child following it. Slow down and prepare to stop quickly.
- Pay attention to the lone child walking along the street. Drivers are more likely to overlook a single youngster than several together.
- Be aware of children on roller skates, skateboards or roller blades who often roll onto streets from alleys or driveways.
- Look out for bicyclists — especially young or new riders. Give them plenty of room.
- When mail is out of sequence, never back up to re-deliver a missed box. Get out of the vehicle, secure it properly and walk to the missed box if you can do so safely.