Thursday, December 16, 2010

Operation Santa: Have You Written Yet?

While Santa is busy supervising toy production at the North Pole, his temporary employees at the South Florida Division are addressing postcards to children who have sent their wish lists to him. (Clockwise): Madelyn Rodriguez-Paris, Kelly Levy, Rose Mannisto, Mirtha Uriarte, and Paula Andino.
PHOTO: Debra J. Fetterly

If you’re planning to write to Santa, you’d better hurry, and send your wish list addressed to the North Pole (and remember to affix a First-Class stamp)! Santa’s helpers at the South Florida Division are addressing postcards to those who have written. Here are some letter excerpts:

“Dear Santa. The other day I looked up and I saw an elf on the ceiling. We played with it and we turn the lights off. We put the elf up high on the shelf. When we turn on the lights the elf was under the bed!! Did you send an elf to my house?”

“I miss my elf and the joy and fun with him and the times that were glad and Santa I wish my elf was with me. PS Hurry because I am going to Texas on Tuesday.”

“My elf is not coming to life anymore. Something is wrong. Please write back.”

“If you don’t mind I would like a pocket elf so it can stay with me for the whole year until it gets older. Thanks again and if you can send the elf before Thanksgiving that would be swell.”

“I want a sea monkey and a real love bird yellow on the head and stomic (sic) and pink on the rest.”

“Thank you for getting presents for every boy and girl in the world. Don’t forget about me.”

“I have been a very good girl. Sometimes I may have been yelled at. Sometimes I can’t help it. I’m never really greedy. I try not to show off. Sometimes I am mean. I hope I get everything on my list.”

“Can you bring an elf to me? We have an elf hanging in my classroom but we’re not allowed to touch it. The teacher said if we touch it the magic is gone.”

“Santa, thank you. You do so much for me every year. I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate it. I hope this Christmas with Mrs. Claus and your reindeer is great. What are you bringing me this year?”

“Ma says this is the last year that you are coming to my house because I am getting older. I want to thank you for twelve wonderful, magical years. This year I want you to pick out my gifts.”

“Do you always leave your shoes at my house? All I want for Christmas is peace on earth!”

No comments: