There’s still time to give to the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC), and every dollar can make a difference.
As part of the fabric of every American community
the U.S. Postal Service demonstrates good corporate citizenship each and every
day. Its collective commitment to the CFC is a prime example. There are more
than 4 ,000 approved charities
eligible to receive your donation --- organizations that provide human services , health care ,
medical research , disaster relief , housing ,
youth development , and much more.
The CFC is the largest and most successful workplace charitable giving drive in the world. The CFC is the only authorized charitable organization solicitation of federal employees in their workplace. How much you give and whether you wish to designate your support to a specific charity is your decision. Most employees elect to pledge an amount to be withheld regularly from their paycheck while others give a one-time gift during the CFC. Your gift will help shape the lives of thousands of people in our communities
the country , and around the world. For
Pledging $1 a week ($52 a year) can buy …
- 12 elementary school students with trained volunteer tutors to help with reading and math.
- 10 children with bilingual beginning-to-read books to build early literacy skills.
- Three 30-minute appointments for health assessment and counseling for individuals facing physical, developmental or mental health challenges.
- One acre of unprotected tropical rainforest which assures protection of the natural areas vital to our climate and diverse species.
- Two months of meals for a homebound person.
- Five wigs for children with cancer undergoing chemotherapy.
- Two nights of shelter for a troubled or neglected youth.
- After school care (food, health, recreation, and homework help) for one child for a year.
- Temporary shelter for a family of four for three nights following a disaster.
- Two days of care for a terminally-ill individual.
- Baby formula for 52 low-income infants (one each week).
- A full year of scouting for two girls.
- One month of preschool for a child at risk of falling through the cracks.
- Lightweight wheelchair for a person who is physically challenged.
If you'd like to make a CFC pledge, please contact Human Resources Administrative Assistant Jennifer Thonus at 954-527-3235 or 305-962-1095. Jennifer will ensure that you receive a CFC pledge card and catalog.