Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Thanksgiving Greetings

Salvatore Vacca
As we prepare for Thanksgiving and count our blessings, I want to take a moment to express my gratitude to you.  

While I am new to the district, I am no stranger to South Florida. Some of you may remember that I previously served as Postmaster in Fort Lauderdale and in West Palm Beach, and was detailed as Officer In Charge in Miami before I advanced my career outside the district.

It’s great to be back!  Since my recent arrival, I have visited with employees at plants and several Post Offices. I have noticed a common bond among all employees. That bond is your dedication and commitment to our internal and external customers. I sincerely thank you for all that you do to improve our workplace environment and to increase customer satisfaction.

As we celebrate Thanksgiving, I ask that you join me and reflect upon the comfortable lifestyle that our paychecks provide us. While we often may not think about the benefits that we earn every pay period, we do have a generous employee benefits package that includes a retirement plan, Thrift Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Account, leave accrual programs, and pre-tax health insurance premiums. I’m grateful for these benefits and show my appreciation by being regular in attendance and by giving an honest day’s work for a fair day’s pay.

Thanksgiving also reminds me that our postal family demonstrates good corporate citizenship every day. Our collective commitment to the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) is a prime example. Throughout the years, the CFC has become a powerful way for us to make donations to charities to help those individuals who are less fortunate in our community, across the country, and around the world. This year as you join relatives and friends around the Thanksgiving dinner table, I encourage you to think about how you can help others who truly are in need and decide to pledge to the CFC.
                            
On Thanksgiving Day, we will join millions of Americans who indulge in a turkey dinner with all the trimmings and watch the Macy’s Parade and football games. To postal employees. November 28 signals the official start of the 2019 Holiday Season. Working together as a team --- a postal family --- I’m confident that we will continue to deliver the outstanding service that our customers have come to expect and to deserve from us.

May you and your family enjoy a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: