Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Carrier Rescues Young Boy from Dog

Margate Manager, Customer Services Camille Moscola-Calvo shared below letter from a grateful customer to Supervisor, Customer Services Carlisa Brannon:

Good Morning, 
I am writing this letter to express my gratitude in reference to an encounter my family experienced with an employee who exhibited courage during a traumatic situation for my son. I wanted to take this opportunity to share with you the selfless act of kindness of Maribel Mendoza displayed during this incident.
On Saturday, January 17, 2015, I was in the back of my home doing yard work when  my eldest son ran toward me in panic. He was screaming that my younger son was being attacked by a dog. I immediately ran to the front of the house, at which time I witnessed Ms. Mendoza holding onto my four year old, preventing the dog from biting him.
It appears that a neighbor’s dog got loose and ran straight for my son, knocking him off his bicycle. The dog was aggressively barking and showing his teeth when Ms. Mendoza was walking down the block at the same time. She put herself in harm’s way and protected my son by picking him up out of reach from the dog and holding him until the dog retreated. If Ms. Mendoza did not act there is no doubt in my mind the dog would have inflicted serious injury on my son. 
On behalf of myself and my family, I would like to thank Ms. Mendoza for her actions on that day.
Respectfully, 
Michael Ali


No comments: