Friday, January 2, 2015

Lauderhill Carrier Saves Customer

Lauderhill Letter Carrier Vicki Brown 
Story & Photo: Amy J. McCall, Fort Lauderdale Customer Relations Coordinator
Vicki Brown, who has been a letter carrier for more than 30 years, said she was just doing her job when she saw her distraught customer in front of her Lauderhill home. 
"I was walking up to the house to deliver the mail," said Brown, "when I came upon my customer sitting in her car and in distress."
Brown has delivered mail in Lauderhill for the majority of her time as a postal worker, so over the years she has gotten to know the people on her route. When Brown saw her customer in distress, she immediately called 9-1-1. “I know she already suffered two heart attacks, and I was afraid she might be having a third heart attack,” said Brown.
Brown stayed with the woman until paramedics arrived and possibly saved her life. Paramedics transported the customer to the hospital.
"I just did what anybody would do," said Brown. 
The customer now is resting comfortably at home.

No comments: