Traveling abroad this summer? Now's the time to apply for your passport at a South Florida Passport Fair:
Saturday, April 21, 7 a.m. - 1 p.m., Miami GMF Postal Store, 2200 NW 72 AVE, Miami, FL
Saturday, April 28, 8 a.m. - 1 p.m., Fort Lauderdale Main Office, 1900 West Oakland Park BLVD, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Employees who attend a Passport Fair must do so as an off-the-clock activity.
How to Prepare for the Passport Application Process
- Bring proper proof of American citizenship. This must be either a certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state; a previous U.S. passport; a certificate of citizenship; or a naturalization certificate. (Please note: a hospital-issued birth certificate alone is not acceptable.)
- Bring proof of identity. This must be either: a recently issued U.S. passport; a recently issued naturalization certificate; a recently issued certificate of citizenship; or a current valid driver’s license, government ID or military photo ID.
- Bring a photocopy of proof of identity. Each applicant must bring a photocopy of the front and back of the ID that will be presented at the time of passport acceptance.
- The passport application requires recent color passport photograph of you (2” x 2” in size). The Post Office will offer passport photo service for $15.
- To save time, employees should download the passport application at www.travel.state.gov and complete beforehand in black ink. Do not sign the application.
- All applicants, including minors, must appear in person.
- Minors under the age of 16 must appear with both parents. If one parent is not available, a notarized authorization from the absent parent is required.