Thursday, November 13, 2014

Customer Praises Key Largo Carrier

Port Largo Customer Marilyn Giglio commended Rural Carrier Assistant Maykel Soto for coming to the aid of her husband. She sent the letter below to Key Largo Postmaster Vincent Recupero who recognized Soto not only for his heroic effort, but for having served in the U.S. Army. Soto has been employed at the Key Largo Post Office for 6 ½ years.

“I am writing to express my gratitude to and appreciation for the actions of Maykel Soto, who is an empoyee of the Key Largo Post Office.

On the afternoon of Saturday, November 8, 2014, my 66-year-old husband was using a 20-foot long pole saw to trim a seed pod from a Royal Palm in the front of our yard in Port Largo.

In our great horror, when my husband cut through the pod it bounced off the tree and hit him in the  chest. This seed pod was approximately 25 feet off the ground and was five feet long and weighed about 40 pounds. It knocked my husband to the ground and totally incapacitated him. He was writhing and moaning on the ground in front of our house.

Mr. Soto happened to be passing by at the time and was kind enough to stop and offer some much needed and much appreciated assistance. That help enabled me to go and get ice and first aid supplies.

It sounds like a cliché, but Mike Soto’s kindness and consideration definitely was above and beyond his duties. I always will be thankful for his actions, and I am proud that he is employed by my Post Office.

If the Post Office has any sort of ‘Employee of the Month’ or some other special recognition, I nominate Mike Soto for that honor.

Customer Marilyn Giglio

P.S. My husband is fine today!”

No comments: