New Postal Service Shipping Services prices will take effect Jan. 17, 2016. Shipping Services (also known as Competitive Products) includes Priority Mail Express, Priority Mail, International Shipping Services, along with some other products and services.
What are the retail prices for Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes and Envelopes?
- Small Flat Rate Box - $6.80
- Medium Flat Rate Box - $13.45
- Large Flat Rate Box - $18.75
- Large APO/FPO Flat Rate Box - $16.75
- Regular Flat Rate Envelope - $6.45
- Legal Flat Rate Envelope - $6.45
- Padded Flat Rate Envelope - $6.80
How much will Priority Mail Express and International Flat Rate boxes cost?
Priority Mail Express and Priority Mail Express International Flat Rate Boxes will be eliminated due to low customer usage.
What is the overall average increase for Priority Mail Express Retail products and services?
The prices will increase an average of 14.4 percent. That amounts to about $3.20 per piece.
What is the price for a Priority Mail Express Flat Rate Envelope?
The price for Domestic Priority Mail Express Flat Rate Envelope, Padded Flat Rate Envelope, and Legal Flat Rate Envelope will be $22.95.
What is the overall average increase for Priority Mail International (PMI) products and services?
PMI is a reliable, cost-effective way to send merchandise and documents to about 180 countries. The overall average increase is 10.2 percent.
- Flat Rate Envelope to Canada - $23.95
- Flat Rate Envelope to certain Latin American countries including Mexico- $29.95
- Flat Rate Envelope to certain Asian countries including China - $30.95
- Flat Rate Envelope to certain Western European countries - $32.95
What are the changes to Priority Mail Express International (PMEI)?
PMEI provides affordable and fast international delivery, usually within 3 to 5 business days, to about 180 countries. Shipments are insured against loss, damage, and/or missing contents up to $200 for merchandise at no additional charge. Date–certain service with a money-back delivery guarantee is available to select countries. PMEI prices will increase 11.6 percent. Flat rate pricing is available to most destinations.
- Flat Rate Envelope to Canada - $41.50
- Flat Rate Envelope to certain Latin American countries including Mexico- $57.50
- Flat Rate Envelope to certain Asian countries including China - $61.50
- Flat Rate Envelope to certain Western European countries - $59.50
What are the new Standard Post prices?
Standard Post will be renamed Retail Ground and is the Postal Service’s retail ground parcel offering. USPS Retail Ground will have an average price increase of 10 percent. Like last year, USPS Retail Ground customers shipping in Zones 1-4 will continue to receive Priority Mail service automatically, and will only default to USPS Retail Ground when their item contains hazardous material or is otherwise not permitted to travel by air transportation.