Planning a vacation? Make a trip to the Post Office the first stop of your journey.
Saturday, March 4, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
West Palm Beach Main Office, 3200 Summit Blvd, West Palm Beach, FL
No appointments required. Employees who attend must do so as an off-the-clock activity.
U.S. citizens must present a valid Passport Book when entering or re-entering the United States by air. U.S. citizens entering the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda at land borders and sea ports of entry must present a Passport Book, Passport Card or other travel documents approved by the U.S. government.
How to Prepare for the Passport Application Process:
· A completed application (form is available at usps.com/passport; but do not sign it until the passport clerk instructs you to do so).
· Remember that everyone, including newborn infants, is required to obtain a passport in his or her own name. For children under age 16, the consent of both parents/guardians is required.
· Proof of identity (a valid permanent state driver’s license, a government ID or military ID, previous passport, Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization Certificate)
· Proof of U.S. citizenship (previous passport, original or certified birth certificate issued from the state with a raised, embossed, impressed, or multi-colored seal and registrar’s signature and date of certificate filing)
· Two official passport photos (available at the Passport Fair for $15)
· Social Security Number
The U.S. Department of State fees vary according to age and type. The fee(s) must be made by money order, check, bank draft, or cashier’s check made payable to the U.S. Department of State; debit and credit card payment is not available. The Passport Book fee for under age 16 is $80; for age 16 and older is $110. The Passport Card fee for under age 16 is $15, and for age 16 and older is $30. In addition, all acceptance agencies, including the Postal Service, charge a processing fee of $25 per application. A debit or credit card may be used in addition to cash, money order, or check made payable to the Postal Service.