Planning a summer vacation and needing a passport?
Circle Saturday, March 4, on your calendar. That's the date for the Passport Fair at the West Palm Beach Main Office, 3200 Summit Blvd, West Palm Beach. The Passport Fair will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. No appointments required.
Employees may participate as an off-the-clock activity.
U.S. citizens must present a valid passport book when entering or re-entering the United States by air. U.S. citizens entering the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda at land borders and sea ports of entry must present a passport book, passport card or other travel documents approved by the U.S. government. To obtain a passport:
· Bring proper proof of American citizenship. This must be either a certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state; a previous U.S. passport; a certificate of citizenship; or a naturalization certificate. (Please note: a hospital-issued birth certificate alone is not acceptable.)
· Bring proof of identity. This must be either: a recently issued U.S. passport; a recently issued naturalization certificate; a recently issued certificate of citizenship; or a current valid driver’s license, government ID or military photo ID.
· Bring a photocopy of proof of identity. Each applicant must bring a photocopy of the front and back of the ID that will be presented at the time of passport acceptance.
· The passport application requires recent color passport photograph of you (2” x 2” in size). The Post Office will offer passport photo service for $15.
· To save time, employees should download the passport application at www.travel.state.gov and complete beforehand. Do not sign the application.
· All applicants, including minors, must appear in person.
· Minors under the age of 16 must appear with both parents. If one parent is not available, a notarized authorization from the absent parent is required.
Each passport for an adult must be accompanied by a check or money order for $110, made payable to the U.S. Department of State and a $25 acceptance fee made payable to USPS. Fees for children under 16 are $80, payable to the U.S. Department of State and $25 payable to USPS.
Employees may call 1-800-ASK-USPS, or go to the Postal Service’s website at www.usps.com, to get the location of other nearby passport Post Offices and their passport customer service hours.
Employees also may check the U.S. State Department’s website at www.travel.state.gov to obtain additional information. Information also is available in English and Spanish at the National Passport Information Center toll-free at 1-877-487-2778.