· Bring proper proof of American citizenship. This must be either a certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state; a previous U.S. passport; a certificate of citizenship; or a naturalization certificate. (Please note that a hospital-issued birth certificate alone is not acceptable.)· Bring proof of identity. This must be either: a recently issued U.S. passport; a recently issued naturalization certificate; a recently issued certificate of citizenship; or a current valid driver’s license, government ID or military photo ID.
· Bring a photocopy of proof of identity. Each applicant must bring a photocopy of the front and back of the ID that will be presented at the time of passport acceptance.
· The passport application requires recent color passport photograph of you (2” x 2” in size). The Post Office will offer passport photo service for $15.
· To save time, employees should download the passport application at www.travel.state.gov and complete beforehand in black ink. Do not sign the application.
· All applicants, including minors, must appear in person.
· Minors under the age of 16 must appear with both parents. If one parent is not available, a notarized authorization from the absent parent is required.
Each passport for an adult must be accompanied by a check or money order for $110, made payable to the U.S. Department of State and a $25 acceptance fee made payable to USPS. Fees for children under 16 are $80, payable to the U.S. Department of State and $25 payable to USPS.