Pompano Beach Postmaster Ed Coppola and Manager, Customer Service Operations Joe Croce invite EAS-20 and above employees, including EAS Leadership Development (ELD) participants, to apply for an ad-hoc position (not to exceed two years) as Manager, Customer Services EAS-22 at the Margate Branch, 4706 Coconut Creek Parkway, Margate, FL. Work hours will be 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. with Saturday and Sunday as non-scheduled days.
This position will be administratively and operationally responsible for 105 employees, including a managerial staff of four Supervisors, Customer Services. The Margate Branch includes two ZIP Codes --- 33063 (Margate) with 37 routes and 33068 (North Lauderdale) with 25 routes. There are three retail window stations.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (Requirements):
- Knowledge of postal operations in carrier stations, including delivery and collection, retail sales and service, mail distribution and dispatch, and Post Office Box services.
- Knowledge of provisions of the national agreement as they apply to delivery operations.
- Knowledge of management and budgeting techniques and principles.
- Ability to manage the work of others in order to meet production and quality goals, including planning and scheduling, monitoring performance, facilitating the flow of information, and providing technical guidance.
- Ability to coach and train subordinate supervisors in customer services and delivery operations.
- Ability to implement and/or oversee programs in compliance with established safety policies and security procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with representatives of employee labor organizations.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing sufficient to investigate and resolve customer complaints, and to furnish information to community businesses and governmental agencies regarding postal services.